The club was founded in 1948 by seasonal cottagers and town businessmen who wanted to work with the Conservation Department to stock Walleye in Honeoye Lake as they are not natural to the lake. The land was sold to the club by one of the original members, Cliff Simpson for $850. The original building, built in the spring of 1951, was 20 by 40 feet and was set on concrete blocks. The interior was knotty pine.
Many thanks to Dick Helling for compiling this information!